Wednesday 5 December 2007

On the Computers

We started using the computers this week, which was fun. The cardsets are fairly easy to use, but if I'm honest, I'm more of a computer buff than a cardset buff! ;-D

We learnt how to use Pro-QA (the programme we use, is it service specific or used nationally?) on Monday and Tuesday, and today was mainly spent practicing scenarios. I felt sorry for the person I was working with - he delivered a BBA who was breech, with the cord round his neck and not breathing, and just as everything was OK with the baby, the mother haemorrhaged very badly! Luckily, the ambulance crew came just as she stopped breathing. What can I say? I like throwing people in at the deep end! ;-D

Then this afternoon we had our Pro-QA assessments. I passed mine with flying colours apart from the fact that I didn't use the Echo protocol when I found out that the patient was hanging, which would have been potentially serious but luckily it was just a scenario, and if it was in real life I would have had a mentor beside me to remind me.

Hopefully I'll be back up in the EDC at some point this week, so I'll have something remotely interesting to tell you about! We were supposed to go up this afternoon after our assessments but it was extremely busy and everyone was stressed, so we did some quizzes instead which was all very fun.

As an aside, if you have any suggestions for my blog, please feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know what you like/dislike, and what you'd like to see on my blog.

2 comments:

KLG said...

Pro-Qa i think is service specific but most of them use it nowadays, glad to hear you passed your assessment, Ive recently got into control and my best tip is practice matching addresses as much as possible and listen to as many calls as possible, that will get you in the swing of things.

adam said...

PRO-QA is a national, infact internationally used programme. Its used all over the world, its still crap tho lol