Tuesday 18 December 2007

I'm Exhausted!

Wow!!! I've just done my first mentored shift - a night shift, 1030pm to 6.30am - and it was brilliant! I can't really remember many specific calls, I answered at least 15, but one call in particular stuck with me. It was from a mother whose 3-month-old baby was having breathing problems. I went through the script, and at the end she thanked me! I know it probably shouldn't have come as any great surprise, but to be honest, it did. I've listened in to plenty of calls, and that was about the 5th that I had taken myself, but she was the only person who was grateful and said thank you. I definitely think I'm in the right job, because for the whole drive home I had a huge grin plastered on my face, despite the fact that I'd been up for 21 hours!

I'm off to do it all again in a few hours too - bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey just thought I'd let you know there are people out here in the wilderness reading your blog. I wandered over from Nee Naw, and I'm really curious to see how you go and all.

Good luck! I'm glad you had such a good day early on, here's to one or two more. :)